A DAY OUT IN CHANGI AND UBIN
Eastern end of Singapore is one of the most rustic, untouched parts of the city. Escape to Changi and Pulau Ubin for a trip down memory lane and to one of the more laid back neighbourhoods of Singapore.
Heard about beautiful Changi on the Eastern tip of Singapore and want to make a day of it? This is the most comprehensive and detailed tour of the Singapore's Eastern parts of the island that delves into fascinating Changi neighbourhood and also includes a visit to the island of Pulau Ubin.
We start out bright and early with a visit to Changi Museum where you will understand Singapore during World War II. Here you will learn about the lives of the prisoners-of-war, what they endured, letters written, murals painted, ingenious artefacts made by Australian, British POWs. Markings of a cell block on the floor will also show you the squalid conditions endured by these POWs during the Japanese Occupation of Singapore.
Next we ride along Changi and your guide will point out Changi Hospital, Changi Prison and share more historical facts about these buildings especially during the war and after. Changi has a high concentration of army barracks and camps littered around these parts and you will learn about Singapore's land planning from post independence in 1965 till now and more importantly what the East and Western parts of Singapore was intended for.
And finally we head to Changi Jetty to board a bumboat for a short boat ride to Pulau Ubin.
The tour runs every Thursday, 0900-1600hrs with a minimum of 4 pax to commence
Details & Images
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE TOUR
Why Join This Tour
- If you want to learn in depth about Singapore, past and present.
- If you are one of those that simply love history and learning and soaking up stories about places you visit.
- Looking for a full day adventure into one of Singapore's most interesting and storied neighbourhoods.
- Looking for a non touristy thing to do.
- Want to visit Pulau Ubin and see what Singapore was like in the 1970s.
- Love food. Changi is one of the best places for seafood and also many must-eat gems are here at Changi Village Food Centre.
MEET YOUR CHIEF
See Full Profile